[Seaside] Adding application to Root Component selector

ld s001 at landr.net
Mon Apr 26 06:22:20 CEST 2004

Julian Fitzell wrote:

> Avi Bryant wrote:

>>> Well, you can do it differently, but the config UI doesn't support
>>> that.  The trick is that you need some unique prefix for comanche to
>>> recognize so that it can pass the requests on to seaside.  If you
>>> don't use WAKom, you can create your own application registry and
>>> register it at a different url with comanche.  I'm not sure exactly
>>> how you it integrates with the config app at that point either; I
>>> don't think anyone has done this recently, though the architecture
>>> is certainly designed to allow it.
>>

>> Hm.  This answer is to do with the /seaside/ prefix in the app URLs.
>> I thought the question had to do with system categories, in which
>> case the answer is: no, your applications do not need to be inside
>> the 'Seaside' category; in fact, it's best if they're not, since
>> right now categories are largely synonymous with packages.
>

> He he... oops :)  Completely misread that...
>
> Julian

Thanks for your help.  One last question. (for this set ;)
I've moved my app to its own  category, created a class called
'Batteries' with a class method #canBeRoot.  Registered it with the
config app.  I can open the app in a browser ( firefox ).  I'm using the
following to start Commanche :

seaside := WAKom default.

    ma := ModuleAssembly core.

    ma serverRoot: FileDirectory default fullName.

    ma alias: '/seaside' to: [ma addPlug: [:request | seaside

        process: request]].

    ma documentRoot: FileDirectory default fullName.

    ma directoryIndex: 'index.html index.htm'.

    ma serveFiles.

    (HttpService startOn: 80 named: 'httpd') plug: ma rootModule

WAKom stop