[Seaside] transaction engines?

radoslav hodnicak rh at 4096.sk
Thu Apr 29 10:49:07 CEST 2004

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Avi Bryant wrote:

> The thing I don't like about KATS is that it's too ambitious: it tries
> to have the exact same instances of objects appear to have different
> state inside different transactions.  This means hacking the compiler
> so that inst var accesses are actually lookups in the current
> transaction, which is pretty intrusive.  In Seaside, I don't expect to
> share instances between sessions, and so having multiple copies of the
> same object (one per transaction) would be perfectly fine.

I do want to share instances between seaside sessions. I hate to have
hundreds of copies of the same model objects around (it just seems silly)
and to manually expire&reload them (glorp doesn't forward the changes from
one session to other sessions, unlike e.g. goods).

But I agree, KATS is probably an overkill and not portable. I guess I'll
just reuse the code glorp has for transactions and make it nestable and in
memory etc.

rado
--
pgp.mit.edu  0x30DEBAE6  12EE FED5 D5B1 77ED 5637 EB77 2A5F 22F9 30DE BAE6