[Seaside] transaction engines?

radoslav hodnicak rh at 4096.sk
Thu Apr 29 11:32:15 CEST 2004

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Avi Bryant wrote:

> But you have multiple copies for a reason, which is that they might
> have different state.  One way or another you have to store that state.

Not in my case. I don't allow more than one user to edit an object at the
same time. I'd need to have some sort of conflict resolution to support
paralel editing (like user1 changes variable A and user2 changes variable
B - if they both commit both changes should be preserverd) - this looks
like a difficult thing to get right, and not really worth the effort. What
the user does in one session with forked browsers is their problem :-).

As I see it, what having multiple sessions buys me now is that other users
(those who don't edit) don't see the edited values until they are
commited. I think this effect could be achieved in other ways too.

rado
--
pgp.mit.edu  0x30DEBAE6  12EE FED5 D5B1 77ED 5637 EB77 2A5F 22F9 30DE BAE6