[Seaside] transaction engines?

radoslav hodnicak rh at 4096.sk
Thu Apr 29 21:09:02 CEST 2004

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Avi Bryant wrote:

> > ping back to server. When the user closes the browser ping won't come
> > anymore and the session can be expired. It would work even better if I
> > didn't have to support IE - in IE when you hit the back button you get
> > the
> > previous iframe and not the previous page. I must say that IE literally
> > killed many ideas I've had during development (that worked in opera and
> > mozilla) and so far has been the biggest roadblock in my work. Yay M$
>
> Did you find a solution for this?

Solution to not having to support IE? Not really :-)

As for the refresh - I think yes.  Looks like IE doesn't like the
redirect. Without redirect back button yields previous page as it should.
So in my session class I do

alwaysRedirect

  self root class = IFWatchdog ifTrue: [^false].
  ^super alwaysRedirect

(this is still 2.3 and I'm swapping+backtracking root components -
speaking of which, where is the limit (10) set of how many copies of an
object are backtracked? I can't find it. Sometimes it happens that my
iframe root component 'takes over' and I'm assuming it's because of this
limit)

rado
--
pgp.mit.edu  0x30DEBAE6  12EE FED5 D5B1 77ED 5637 EB77 2A5F 22F9 30DE BAE6