GOODS data structures (was Re: [Seaside] [ANN] SeasideTemplate)

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Feb 23 22:08:36 CET 2004

On Feb 22, 2004, at 6:59 AM, Alain Fischer wrote:

> In this project, we must display customer designed HTML page with
> embeded data
> from an oodb (GOODS).

I'm curious - have you looked yet at data structures for large
collections and indexes?  It seems to me we're going to need to find or
write some kind of BTree class to reduce the number of objects that get
pulled in when doing lookups - certainly the stock Squeak Dictionary
class is not optimal.  Since there are a number of people suddenly
starting to use GOODS, we may want to jointly look at building this
stuff.  The GOODS Java client has some code we could probably steal
implementation strategies from...

Avi