GOODS data structures (was Re: [Seaside] [ANN] SeasideTemplate)

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Tue Feb 24 11:33:46 CET 2004

On Feb 24, 2004, at 2:17 AM, Alain Fischer wrote:

> No for the moment, my largest data collection is between 50 and 100
> objects
> and I haven't had performance problems. The others objects are already
> organized as tree.
>
> But sure if we need to store bigger collection we will need something
> with better performance, BTree is a good candidate.

Göran points out that Skiplists would be good candidates as well.  I
had momentarily overlooked this because for some reason the Squeak
SkipList implementation doesn't provide a Dictionary protocol, but
instead acts like a SortedCollection (does anyone know the reason for
this?).  I'll probably end up building them both to compare.

Avi