[Seaside] VisualAge

David Mitchell dmitchell4 at kc.rr.com
Fri Aug 12 15:20:07 CEST 2005

>>The VA Web Connection isn't actually too bad, depending on what you want
>>to do.
>>

>I noticed, and decided to stick with it for the time being. The other
>people on the project have quite a bit of VA experience, but not a lot
>of Web knowledge, so leaving them with tools they know might be quite
>an advantage. Usually I shy away from these glitzy graphical tools,
>but with the Smalltalk source code at hand, it looks manageable so
>far.

I used Web Connection on a large public access project for a major US
auto insurance carrier. Successful project and the IBM stuff scaled up
nicely. I never cared for the graphical tools in the composition editor,
and I think the HTML parts are particularly bad. For our views, we just
coded directly to the AbtHtmlPart hierarchy (which is similar to how
Seaside generates its HTML).