[Seaside] liveUpdate question

Brent Pinkney brent.pinkney at aircom.co.za
Wed Aug 24 16:36:01 CEST 2005

Hi,

I was involved in some of the early liveUpdate stuff added to 2.6. This
was primarily the timedUpdate function.

What I really need is some guide ance on how to use Seaside to integrate
and xmlHttpRequest which is under the control of the user

Specifically, I would like to have a two buttons; when the first is
pressed is fetches (using xmlHttpRequest) a string from the server. When
the second is fetches is send a string to the server.

I could write this up from scratch but am not sure how it should work in
Seaside.

Any advice or work done here would be appreciated.

Brent