[Seaside] Re: Help! ByteString is out of control

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Tue Aug 30 16:54:08 CEST 2005

(from http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2631)

Open an inspector on your obsolete object and close the debugger.

Now do this:
Smalltalk garbageCollect

Now select "self" in your inspector and open the context menu. Choose
"chase pointers". This will show you the path from Smalltalk (the
system dictionary) down to your object.

If it's blank, select "self" and choose "objects pointing to this
value". You'll have to chase these pointers manually until you find
what's hanging on to your object and then kill it.

- Bert -