[Seaside] Re: Database Integration

Dan Shafer dan at shafermedia.com
Sat Jun 3 17:22:36 UTC 2006

Thanks to everyone who replied to my original query.

I suspect that OmniBase may turn out to be best for my purposes. But
there is some confusion about its licensing. I've written the author
an email; hopefully I'll hear back soon.

I've read in the archives of this list that a commercial license is
$400. That's affordable in my case. However, his Web site doesn't
even mention a commercial product as far as I can tell. His site at
least conveyed to me the impression that he has a single product,
it's free, and you pay for support. If I understand his support plan
correctly, it costs almost $600 because he charges a minimum of 8
hours. That's OK but if that's per-incident, of course, it won't
work, at least for me.

If someone on the list knows the answer, I'd appreciate hearing it.
Otherwise, when I do hear from the OmniBase author, I'll report what
I hear.

Dan