[Seaside] Amazon EC2

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Sep 6 20:07:51 UTC 2006

As the fellow doing the Sophie storage subsystem I looked into it as
a way to store Sophie Books. It seems feasible.
Right now we have classes to store a book as a zip file, a set of
files in a folder, and a set of files on a http server.
I had not pursed this option yet, but hearing one can't get into the
beta will push back our timing.

On 6-Sep-06, at 11:12 AM, Avi Bryant wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2006, at 10:51 AM, Bob Houston wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I noticed, this morning, that Amazon reopened their "limited beta"
>> of the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud service.
>> Has anyone looked into using this services to host seaside
>> applications?
>
> Yes, I think it would be a great platform for that.  That would be
> an interesting iteration on seasidehosting.st: a pre-built linux
> image for EC2 configured to pull a Squeak image and a directory of
> static content out of S3, then start up apache, mod_proxy, and the
> Squeak VM...
>
> Unfortunately it still seems to be hard to get into the beta.  I
> tried signing up first thing this morning but no luck.
>
> Cheers,
> Avi

===