[Seaside] Re: Image shutdown/startup on demand

William Harford seaside at harford.org
Tue Sep 19 19:33:00 UTC 2006

On Sep 19, 2006, at 3:18 PM, Yanni Chiu wrote:

> AFAIK, Comanche is mainly an HTTP server. Not sure whether
> it can do proxying out of the box.

Proxy is a misleading word is this content. I did not mean an HTTP
proxy I meant a HTTP server that can foward HTTP requests on to
something else with out the knowledge of the web browser. My concern
is the performance of Comanche while performing this task and how it
might to compare to Apache doing the same task.

My thought was to centralize the incoming requests into one image.
That image would then be responsible for starting up an image,
forwarding a request, shutting down an image, load balancing, and
maintaining and checking status of the images. Doing it in Squeak
would keep it cross platform and would also follow the spirit of
eating your own dog food.

Will