[Seaside] REST-ful urls

John Thornborrow john at pinesoft.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 16:44:19 UTC 2007

Sorry, my bad - I forgot to mention I am using #updateUrl: on my
components, such as the blog component adds "/blog" to the url - but it
still does not maintain it.

It *does* add it when I click a link (within my application) to my blog,
but not when I browse directly to it.

Will have a look around - I have Pier also, but didn't see anything
immediately identifiable as applicable to REST-ful urls.

Thanks,
John.

www.pinesoft.co.uk

Lukas Renggli wrote:
>> I have been looking through the codebase, trying to find where I can
>> update the url value to keep the original value but have not been able
>> to find anything of particular use.
>
> To update the url look for #updateUrl: Sorry, I couldn't resist ;-)
>
>> Currently I am using the override of #initialRequest: on my root
>> component to decipher the url and depict which process I am to invoke
>> for the page. This works fine, with the exception of the url reverting.
>
> Have a look at other implementors of #initialRequest:, they mostly
> also implement #updateRoot: in a appropriate way. For example
> WABrowser does so and comes with Seaside.
>
> <advert >There is also Pier that allows you to put content, files,
> Seaside components (such as a ready made blog) and Seaside
> applications at RESTful URLs without writing a single line of
> code.</advert>
>
> Lukas

Pinesoft Computers are registered in England, Registered number: 2914825. Registered office: 266-268 High Street, Waltham Cross, Herts, EN8 7EA