[Seaside] Using SUInPlaceEditor in a different way

Rajeev Lochan lochan94 at gmail.com
Mon May 21 18:38:23 UTC 2007

Thanks a lot Lukas, The tutorial is indeed one of the best I have come
across. I downloaded the code and loaded it. I then completed the codes from
the notes of yours, which as been explained splendidly. I have a question.

Do we have to use

ToDoListView>>rendererClass
	^ WARenderCanvas

What purpose does this serve?

After Completing the code, I ran into the following error message upon
pressing Add New
Button and then Saving a New Item. Am I missing something ?

Error: Components not found while processing callbacks: an Array(a
ToDoItemView)

   - WARender(Object)>>error:

   selfa WARender*temps*aString'Components not found while processing
   callbacks: an Array(a ToDoItemView)'*inst vars*roota WAToolFrame
   contexta WARenderingContextrequesta WARequesturla WAUrl

   - WARender>>unprocessedCallbacks:

   selfa WARender*temps*aCollectionan Array(a WAValueCallback a
   WADispatchCallback a WAValueCallback a WAValueCallback a
   WAValueCallbac...etc...ownersan Array(a ToDoItemView)eaa
   WAActionCallback*inst vars*roota WAToolFramecontexta
   WARenderingContextrequesta WARequesturla WAUrl

   - WARender>>processCallbacks

   selfa WARender*temps*lastPosition0callbackStreama WACallbackStreameaa
   WAToolFrame*inst vars*roota WAToolFramecontexta WARenderingContext
   requesta WARequesturla WAUrl

   - WARender>>render

   selfa WARender*temps*unil*inst vars*roota WAToolFramecontexta
   WARenderingContextrequesta WARequesturla WAUrl

   - [] in WARender>>go {[self render]}

   selfa WARender*temps**inst vars*roota WAToolFramecontexta
   WARenderingContextrequesta WARequesturla WAUrl

I am going through your Web 2.0 Tutorial as well. Shall get back to
you when done.

Thanks again for your timely help. I would love to see more tutorials
from your side.

Regards,
Rajeev

On 5/21/07, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Upon entering say Item 1, I press OK button . Now I want this detail to
> be
> > saved somewhere in persistence. In the present example
> > (SUInPlaceEditorTest), upon clicking NewSession in the ToolBar, the
> content
> > is reset to Clickme&EditMe...
>
> Allright, now I understand. So this is rather a persistency problem
> than an AJAX (or SUInPlaceEditorTest) one. Most productive
> applications would probably use a database for that, but in your case
> this is probably overkill.
>
> I updated the material for my tutorials:
>
>       http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/smalltalk/seaside
>
> In your case the code for 'The Art of Seaside' would be interesting,
> where I also store the model on the class-side of some class.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas
>
> --