[Seaside] albatross, magritte... and what else...

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Jun 24 16:50:45 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Randal" == Randal L Schwartz <merlyn at stonehenge.com> writes:

Randal> Management is always looking to *reduce risk*.  Smalltalk is one of
Randal> the least risky things you can choose because: (a) it's mature (b) the
Randal> IDEs are also mature (c) it's easy to learn for anyone who has an OO
Randal> background, and (d) there are multiple commercial and open-source
Randal> vendor implementations.  My talk addresses those points and more.

It occurred to me that the riskiest part of choosing a Smalltalk solution for
part of the problem is that once people are exposed to Smalltalk, they won't
*want* to use any other language to maintain the rest of the legacy code.  :-)