[Seaside] The Weekly Squeak Summary No. 17: Jan 13 - Mar 22, 2008

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Fri Mar 28 15:00:32 UTC 2008

> It would have been good to know earlier, though, that "the Seaside
> community" is not particularly interested in the Summaries. If there
> is no such interest for No. 17, what about the earlier ones? Why now,
> all of a sudden? Has "the community" come to that conclusion just
> recently? Why not responding to the News team directly, instead of
> starting an off-topic discussion on the Seaside list? These open and
> blunt "we don't want your stuff" posts really don't serve anyone. It's
> just the kind of noise that seems to be undesired.

These questions are excellent and I don’t see them not only not refuted but not
even aswered (so valid) by who says who run this list and thinks it's speaking
in behalf other participants without care of the message he's passing. A message
which behind the words it's making no other thing but promoting inhibition among
subscribers. I'm very surprised to see among leaders/contributors an attitude
like that in a community which is supposed to be maketing itself as being of
open spirit, challenging future and "welcoming people to the beach". What kind
of sad example is that? Better is to remember and meditate on the Seaside
origins.

In case intention was different we need serius improvements in comunication
skills.

Michael, I wanted to express that your communication work helps ostracism not to
prevail. This intellectual jewels deserves to be known. People who works with
technology seems to allways need help to make its goals to be known. Thank you
for keeping warm a comunication vehicle which not only publishes Seaside cases
but is directly related with the technology we use.

Sebastian, a member of the Seaside comunity