[Seaside] Announcing a new Seaside "Success Story"

Richard Eng richard.eng at rogers.com
Sun May 18 14:30:11 UTC 2008

Our website has now been officially released. Perhaps you'd like to
include it among your "Success Stories"...

The Good Sex Network

international online service that provides true medically-based sex
counseling from a world-renowned sexologist. The goal is to reach
people wherever traditional sex therapy is difficult to access. The
core of the service is based on private email conversations and
streaming therapeutic videos.

It should be noted that the website was originally one monolithic
Seaside/Squeak app, but recently I decided to re-architect it so that
only the actual dynamic portion is Seaside-based and all the other
webpages are plain ordinary HTML. (I took a cue from DabbleDB, whose
webpages for the most part are PHP files.) This also alleviates any
issue about  performance. But the primary motivation was to make the
website SEO-friendly (the dynamic parts don't need to be SEO-friendly).

Yes, I could've used the Seaside facilities for updating the URLs but
it seemed much more trouble than it was worth. And I still would've
had to contend with the issue of performance and scalability. (Now
only the dynamic portion is load-balanced over several Squeak VMs.)

Richard