[Seaside] Embedding Flash in Pier / Direct link to File

Michael Markowski michael.markowski at gmail.com
Mon May 19 22:55:41 UTC 2008

I want to embed a flash movie, so I added a File containing the swf.
Then I added an environment containing a content widget and the embed
code:

- Pier
	- Environments
		- Flash (this contains the html code for embedding the flash)
			swf (this is the contents widget)

This is the html code fpr flash:
   	<object classid="....."
			id="timeline" width="777" height="220"
			codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab
">
			<param name="movie" value="*swf*" />
			<param name="quality" value="high" />
			<param name="bgcolor" value="0xffffff" />
			<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
			<embed src="+swf+" quality="high" bgcolor="0xffffff"
				width="777" height="220" name="timeline" align="middle"
				play="true"
				loop="false"
				quality="high"
				allowScriptAccess="sameDomain"
				type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
				pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer">
			</embed>
	</object>

The rendered output looks like this:

<param name="movie" value="<h1 class="heading">TimelineFlash</h1><a
href="http://localhost/seaside/pier?
_s=ZCjhBTwrFdESmfmG">TimelineFlash</a>" />
How can I get only the url without the <h1> and <a> tags?

Michael Markowski
michael.markowski at gmail.com

Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis
ventis dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli
destinata, nec preripiat quisquam non sibi parata.

(Translation: If by chance this wandering epistle, sent forth to the
uncertain winds but commended to God, wanders into alien hands, I beg
that it be returned to her to whom alone it was sent, nor should
anyone steal things not written for him.) From: The prologue to the
Liber Confortatorius of Goscelin of St. Bertin (born between 1030 and
1040).