[Seaside] Re: Deploy via...image or monticello?

Francois Stephany tulipe.moutarde at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 14:24:01 UTC 2010

On 06/07/10 11:32, stephane ducasse wrote:
 > why would not it be elegant?

It feels somewhat clumsy to perform such manual task to deploy a new
version compared to other tools. For example to deploy a new version of
a Ruby app with Git and Vlad I usually simply type:

$ git push
$ rake staging vlad:deploy
or
$ rake production vlad:deploy

It is handy when you deploy your application 42 times a day on a staging
server.

I guess it should not be that hard to do this with Monticello/Seaside.
Actually I'm pretty sure that companies using Seaside intensively have
brewed custom setups to have painless deployment.

Of course 'elegant' is a subjective metric :)

francois.stephany at agilitic.com
http://www.agilitic.com
+32 (0)484/580.322