[Seaside] Re: Deploy via...image or monticello?

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 17:07:56 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Francois Stephany
<tulipe.moutarde at gmail.com> wrote:
> It feels somewhat clumsy to perform such manual task to deploy a new version
> compared to other tools. For example to deploy a new version of a Ruby app
> with Git and Vlad I usually simply type:
>
> $ git push
> $ rake staging vlad:deploy
> or
> $ rake production vlad:deploy
>
> It is handy when you deploy your application 42 times a day on a staging
> server.
>
> I guess it should not be that hard to do this with Monticello/Seaside.
> Actually I'm pretty sure that companies using Seaside intensively have
> brewed custom setups to have painless deployment.

Indeed, I'm sure they have. I keep waiting for one of them to
generously polish and release (or even just release) their solution
for others to use. *hint hint*

(there's a Seaside component that lets you upload a MC package, of
course and with Seaside 3.0 you could even run it under a different
Server adaptor on a different host/port for security; but I'm hoping
for something a little more... I dunno actually... complete? :) )

Julian