[Seaside] jQuery lightbox in Seaside 3.0

Bob N. bobn at rogers.com
Sun Jul 11 14:51:39 UTC 2010

Now that 3.0 RC is available (thanks for all the work; the welcome page is a
nice improvement), I'd like to revisit a question I had posted a while ago:
is there a jQuery equivalent to the Scriptaculous lightbox in Seaside 3.0?

As I understand it, WADecoration subclass SULightbox as used in
WAComponent>>#lightbox: allows for the use of #lightbox: instead of a
#call:, whereas the jQuery dialog examples require that the dialog component
be defined, and its id known, before the 'dialog open' is sent, so the
component itself can't be defined in the callback.

For jQuery, the example code is...

   | id |
   html div
      id: (id := html nextId);
      script: (html jQuery new dialog
         html: JQCounterFunctionalTest new;
         title: 'Lightbox Dialog';
         resizable: false;
         modal: true).
   html submitButton
      onClick: (html jQuery id: id) dialog open;
      with: 'Open Lightbox'

In Scriptaclous, I can code...

    html submitButton
        callback: [self lightbox: WACounter new];
        with: 'Open Lightbox'

...how can I do the equivalent in jQuery?

Coding a jQuery equivalent of the SULightbox decorator does not seem that
hard, but I'd rather leave it to the experts ;-)

Thanks,
Bob