[Seaside] German characters in combination with WAListenerAdaptor

webmail at pielka.de webmail at pielka.de
Mon Jul 26 09:09:22 UTC 2010

Inspector shows the german characters (umlauts) in the right way.

Hello Philippe and Sean,

I use the standard encoding type provided by WAListenerAdaptor. In control
panel Encoding is: (none). Do I have to set it and if yes: how can I do this
programmatically? I de-activated the browser-based configuration for security
reasons.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Kai-Uwe

to display german special characters (see http://etumma.de/?language=Deutsch).
> I did some Google research and figured out that I need to use WAKomEncoded39

server to support german language and this works but Comet stops working.
> So it seems that I can either utilize Comet functionality or german language

but not both in combination.

> I tried to start both Servers on different ports but this also failed.
>
> Is there a way to use german characters with WAListenerAdaptor server?

- How do you store your strings? If you look them in the inspector do
the umlauts look ok?
- What is the encoding you configured on the servers (should be
displayed in the control panel)?

Cheers
Philippe