[Seaside] Porting Seaside30 to opencobalt-1.0alpha1

Tim Murray tmurray at ecsorl.com
Fri Jul 30 16:02:39 UTC 2010

Ok,

After installing up to the below packages, I get the "welcome to
Seaside" screen. However, clicking on Browse the applications gives me
the following error.

MessageNotUnderstood: BlockContext>>valueWithEnoughArguments:

Your request could not be completed. An exception occurred.

Also, when I get to importing Grease-Slime, this requires the work from
squeaksource/rb  for AST and Refactoring which also depends on Traits
which has some discrepancies between what

The Pharo Seaside30 image provides and what the repository provides...

So, I am going to save off this image as a reference point and then
resolve the above issues.

Hopefully when all is said and done this will provide useful
documentation to somebody.

Here is the order and versions of Monticello packages installed so far.
Also included is the text of a couple of changesets provided by Bob
Arning for our first iteration of Seaside on OpenCobalt when

Builder.seaside.st had the little checkboxes (:

DynamicBindings-lr-13.mcz

KomServices-lr.20.mcz

KomHttpServer-GiovanniCorriga.54.mcz

>From install to RC1 Bob Arning provided the following change sets..I
ported these in.

file in the following change set

BobArningsChangset-1.cs

---begin changeset

'From Croquet1.0beta of 11 April 2006 [latest update: #2] on 24 February
2010 at 10:29:51 pm'!

"Change Set:                 Mobile-beforeSeaside

Date:                            24 February 2010

Author:                         Bob Arning

- fix the self default error encountered while loading Seaside into
rc30"!

!Object class methodsFor: 'instance creation' stamp: 'raa 2/24/2010
22:29'!

default

            ^self new ! !

!Preferences class methodsFor: 'Mobile' stamp: 'raa 2/24/2010 21:03'!

allowUnderscoreAssignment

            ^true! !

---end changeset

BobArningsChangset-2.cs

--begin changeset

'From Croquet1.0beta of 11 April 2006 [latest update: #2] on 15 May 2010
at 11:34:05 pm'!

Object subclass: #BindingsAccessor

            instanceVariableNames: ''

            classVariableNames: 'Default'

            poolDictionaries: ''

            category: 'DynamicBindings'!

!BindingsAccessor class methodsFor: 'class initialization' stamp: 'svp
12/18/2002 14:58'!

default

            ^Default ifNil: [Default _ self new]! !

!BindingsAccessor class reorganize!

('class initialization' default initialize)

!

--end changeset

Grease-Core-pmm.42.mcs

Grease-Pharo-Core-DaleHenrichs.24.mcz

Seaside-Core-NickAger.651.mcz

Seaside-Adaptors-Comanche-lr.62.mcz

(not using Swazoo)

Seaside-Canvas-jf.92.mcz

Seaside-Component-pmm.85.mcz

Seaside-Email-lr.15.mcz

Seaside-Session-jf.132.mcz

Seaside-RenderLoop-lr.72.mcz

Seaside-Flow-lr.21.mcz

Seaside-HTML5-lr.9.mcz

Seaside-Widgets-obi.18.mcz

Seaside-Tools-Core-jf.18.mcz

Seaside-Tools-Web-obi.92.mcz

Seaside-Welcome-DaleHenrichs.25.mcz

Javascript-Core-lr.88.mcz

JQuery-Core-lr.107.mcz

JQuery-UI-lr.59.mcz

Prototype-Core-lr.21.mcz

Seaside-Development-pmm.137.mcz

Seaside-Examples-lr.19.mcz

Seaside-InternetExplorer-ir.6.mcz

Seaside-Environment-jf.70.mcz

RSS-Core-pmm.61.mcz

RSS-Examples-lr.24.mcz

Comet-Core-obi.50.mcz

Comet-Core-Examples-lr.21.mcz

Network-URI-StephaneDucasse.24.mcz

Comet-Pharo-Core-lr.6.mcz

Seaside-Pharo-Core-pmm.9.mcz

Seaside-Pharo-Canvas-lr3.mcz

Seaside-Pharo-Email-lr.6.mcz

Seaside-Pharo-Flow-lr.5.mcz

Seaside-Pharo-Continuation-lr.5.mcz

Seaside-Pharo-Environment-lr.6.mcz

Seaside-Pharo-Tools-Web-lr.21.mcz

Seaside-Pharo-Development-lr.43.mcz

Javascript-Pharo-Core-DaleHenrichs.9.mcz

--AST required here /rb package wich requires traits. Below here not
installed.

Grease-Slime-jok.5.mcz

Seaside-Slime-lr.78.mcz

Seaside-Slime-TestRunner.59.mcz