[Seaside] Deploying Seaside on a Swazoo Server

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Wed Jun 8 06:35:43 UTC 2011

Pat,

In order to dispatch incoming requests based on the server name, you need to set up an external http server that proxies requests to your Smalltalk http server(s) running the Seaside apps.
The Smalltalk http servers, like Swazoo, do not support virtual hosts (afaik).

If that is not an option for you, my guess would be to try to hack something using #initialRequest (see Seaside book) to redirect incoming requests to the other application. Or you might want to investigate the implementation of the handlers and see if you can implement something there to dispatch to a handler based on the server name. But setting up a front-end http server that proxies to the right url is probably going to take you less time.

Hope that helps
Johan