[Seaside] Using nginx file upload module

Nick Ager nick.ager at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 20:53:07 UTC 2011

Hi Johan,

I wonder: did you register a 'fileupload' handler in the seaside backend?

> We can now get it to work when we put the file upload module on the /
> location, but I wonder if that is a good solution.
> Your nginx config still catches only a location that matches 'fileupload'.

Exactly. I think my rationale was that I wanted a way for the backend to
communicate with Nginx that it should treat file upload request differently
so I append 'fileupload' to the url. I tried adding a url parameter (eg
?fileupload=1&_s=...) but couldn't find a way to trap that within Nginx
configuration. Originally I used #updateUrl: to add the 'fileupload' to the
url, now I use javascript as I also add an 'X-Progress-ID=' for the upload
tracking.

I keep meaning to write this up, I'll try to find time this weekend.

Hope this helps

Nick