[Seaside] Using nginx file upload module

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Thu Jun 16 06:57:09 UTC 2011

On 15 Jun 2011, at 22:53, Nick Ager wrote:

> Exactly. I think my rationale was that I wanted a way for the backend to communicate with Nginx that it should treat file upload request differently so I append 'fileupload' to the url. I tried adding a url parameter (eg ?fileupload=1&_s=...) but couldn't find a way to trap that within Nginx configuration. Originally I used #updateUrl: to add the 'fileupload' to the url, now I use javascript as I also add an 'X-Progress-ID=' for the upload tracking.

Okay, so it's all a bit trickier than I thought.
I was trying to rewrite the request to '/upload' after nginx has processed the file, such that the normal callback invocation of the seaside application can do its work with the request (except that a hidden field is required in this case).
Unfortunately, that does not seem to work and you thus need to handle the '/upload' request in the seaside backend as well.

I'm still not entirely convinced that a rewrite of the request in nginx after the file processing should not work though ;-) I will give it another try.

But I'm looking forward to reading your write-up too!

thanks again
Johan