[Seaside] Comparison of Aida/Web, Seaside and Iliad web frameworks

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs boris at deepcovelabs.com
Tue Jun 21 22:41:23 UTC 2011

Nick,

You nailed it. We all know that Smalltalk community is small and, quite
possibly, getting smaller, whether we like it or not. The exposure that
Avi had given to Seaside resulted in a good mass of developers coming on
board and it becoming a de facto web framework for developing dynamic
and powerful applications in Smalltalk. Given the state of things today,
I would honestly much rather see competing frameworks converge on a
single path and their developers contribute to improving Seaside in
hopes of it continuing to sustain or gain traction, similar to how RoR
had pretty much taken over in Rubyland.

-Boris