[Seaside] How configure seaside to avoid notifications?

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Fri Jun 24 07:00:44 UTC 2011

Sebastian,

I'm not sure if I can follow.
If I understand right, #changeState ultimately does a Seaside #call: ?
If that is the case, #doSomething will only be executed when the component that is called returns an answer. That is because #call: is blocking control flow (by design).

If you merely want a component to show without blocking control flow, you can use #show:

An in-depth explanation can be found in the Seaside book: http://book.seaside.st/book/components/calling/show-answer

Hope this helps!
Johan