[Seaside] bringing up WAWelcome from scratch

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Jun 30 09:58:35 UTC 2011

>>>>> "Dale" == Dale Henrichs <dhenrich at vmware.com> writes:

Dale> What are the symptoms? If I'm not mistaken there is a longstanding
Dale> bug with OmniBrowser and Squeak4.x... there is supposedly a fixed
Dale> version of OmniBrowser floating around, but noone has updated the
Dale> Metacello configuration with the correct version. I have asked
Dale> folks to supply me with the information about the correct version
Dale> to use, but those requests have fallen upon deaf ears...either
Dale> that or there is no fix available....

Yes... that was eventually the problem.

Executing "WAKom startOn: 8080" directly worked, but that control panel
was tempting and I wanted to use it.

So, anyone here with info to fix the control panel, this is your call to
action!

Also, the error walkback uses Pharo-specific calls to get at the stack
frame, and this fails with Squeak.  (I hate it when throwing an error in
my code throws another error in the debugging infrastructure.) I had to
fall back to the 4.1-all-in-one image for my demo today.