[Seaside] A potential success story. Or just a cool thing to look at.

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 11:37:22 UTC 2011

On 06/30/2011 01:14 AM, David Zmick wrote:

> things I know need working on:
> - enter button needs to work, hitting enter breaks things or does nothing.
> - I should make focus jump to the text boxes in lightboxes.

I think its neat that you've done this.

I think you can get the enter to work in the dialogs by giving the form
and 'next' button an id and using some javascript (in a separate file)
like this:

(function ($) {
     $.fn.catchEnter = function () {
         $('#form').keydown(function (e) {
             if (e.keyCode == 13) {
                 e.preventDefault();
                 $('#next').click();
             }
         });
     };
})(jQuery);

The escape key often closes the dialog boxes but it wasn't doing it on
your page

People only need an account if they want to return to use the product.
So maybe let people play with it without creating an account and then
keep a box on the side encouraging them to save/register after they
enter some decision criteria.  You can add a flag in the user object to
mark when the session was created and if they registered and if its been
a day (hour/day/week) and they didn't register you can safely assume
they aren't going to register an wipe out their demo user.

In the same vein setting up an already populated demo account could be
helpful.  Maybe use the same info you use in your video.

On your about page you need some spaces between 'Thetool' and
'forserious'.

Good luck