[Seaside] Wrong image in Seaside.st website

Sebastian Sastre sebastian at flowingconcept.com
Thu Mar 24 14:48:51 UTC 2011

hey Julian,

basically that:

1. if if we do too much we pollute the brand (by confusing people on what to expect) and
2. that a "one click seaside image" is a great promise but if after the download you found that promise broken then.. well.. that isn't a great start, right? so..

tip: remember you are doing it for other people including you, not the other way around (and that ~99% of them will expect to start with a few simple things that works great and only after that move on and install more nerdish stuff (that also should work great but should't be a seaside issue))

what happens if we ignore this?

the (analogous) same thing that would happen with some anti-patterns (like this, this or this) when you have bloated objects with too many responsibilities trying to do too much: that's being inflexible and scaling poorly. So I'm assuming you don't want that characteristics in the seaside brand (at least I'm sure I don't want them) and the one click image is the most representative artifact of the seaside brand (plus the fact that Pharo will enjoy or suffer the consequences too)