[Seaside] WAFileLibrary: How to commit the resources?

Bahman Movaqar Bahman at BahmanM.com
Tue Jun 25 14:36:43 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-06-25 at 16:24 +0200, jtuchel at objektfabrik.de wrote:
> Bahman,
>
> all resources are kept in the file library as smalltalk methods that
> return a constant string or byte array. So the resource file is not used
> or needed any more. All you have to do is save your WAFileLibrary class
> in ypour sourfce repository (Monticello, for example). The trick of
> WAFileLibrary is that resource files become normal Smalltalk methods and
> can be stored with your normal source code.

So do you mean that all I need is to load my Seaside application,
configure SiStaticResourcesLibrary, add files to it, write it to disk
and then commit it?

If yes, I've already tried it but the resources don't get pushed to the
repository[1].

Thanks,

> Am 25.06.13 16:20, schrieb Bahman Movaqar:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > So I have a subclass of WAFileLibrary (SiStaticResourcesLibrary) in my
> > application and obviously, I have added some resources (CSS and image)
> > to it.  But now I'm wondering how to include those resources in the
> > commit?  So that the next time I checkout the package, I wouldn't need
> > the real resource files.

[1]
http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Bahman/Simin/versions/Bahman-Simin-BahmanMovaqar.4