[Seaside] ConfigurationOfKomHttpServer for Pharo 3

Hernán Morales Durand hernan.morales at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 19:37:05 UTC 2014

> On 22 Feb 2014, at 19:25, Hernán Morales Durand <hernan.morales at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I have checked yesterday and still didn't found a working Configuration
> for Grease in the Seaside repository for Pharo 3
>
> What is wrong with it?

Do you actually check yourself configurations before writing to mailing
list?
Because it doesn't seem so, and it only takes one minute.

In latest Pharo 3.0:

Gofer it
    smalltalkhubUser: 'Seaside' project: 'Grease11';
    configurationOf: 'Grease';
    loadStable.

Transcript output:

Fetched -> Grease-Core-pmm.72 ---
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Grease10/main/ ---
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Grease10/main/
Fetched -> Grease-Pharo20-Core-pmm.1 ---
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Grease10/main/ ---
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Grease10/main/
Loaded -> Grease-Core-pmm.72 ---
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Grease10/main/ --- cache
GRPharoPlatform>>contentsOfFile:binary: (FileDirectory is Undeclared)

GRPharoPlatform>>directoriesIn: (FileDirectory is Undeclared)

GRPharoPlatform>>ensureExistenceOfFolder: (FileDirectory is Undeclared)

GRPharoPlatform>>filesIn: (FileDirectory is Undeclared)

GRPharoPlatform>>localNameOf: (FileDirectory is Undeclared)

GRPharoPlatform>>write:toFile:inFolder: (FileDirectory is Undeclared)

Loaded -> Grease-Pharo20-Core-pmm.1 ---
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Grease10/main/ --- cache
...finished 1.0.8

Same story with

Gofer it
    smalltalkhubUser: 'Seaside' project: 'Grease10';
    configurationOf: 'Grease';
    loadStable.

> (the current stable version is loading packages for Pharo 2.0).
>
> It's not because a package has 'Pharo20' in its name that it does not work
> in Pharo3.

Again, check before posting because that's not relevant.

> > So, if license is MIT I will keep my copy until anyone can provide
> something better.
>
> Nobody is stopping you.
> Just stop promoting your version as the only one that works in Pharo 3

If you feel like you own Grease, it would be cool that *you* can promote a
working version, and not having an embarrasing situation where you complain
about a fork months later after someone have patched "your" packages for
you. Not only that, but I have offered my energy to merge changes together
and you didn't even replied...

And BTW next time read again because I never promote my commits as "this is
the only working version".

But if you think that having a bad attitude with people wanting to help, I
*really* wish luck to the Seaside community, because this is not the way to
go clearly.

Hernán