[Seaside] Web Projects Ported to GitHub

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 13:11:42 UTC 2018

On 13/06/2018 09:27, Cyril Ferlicot D. wrote:
> On 13/06/2018 14:19, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
>> In the course of working on a new Seaside app, I ported a few projects to GH.
>> I'm listing them here in case anyone finds that useful:
>> - https://github.com/seandenigris/TF-Login
>> - https://github.com/seandenigris/SmallReddit
>>
>> I'm sure there will be more and if so I'll update this thread.

> If you are interested, we created the organization DuneSt in order to
> group projects build on top of Seaside and who aim to simplify the
> creation of Seaside applications.

I wasn't aware that the "Dune" was in reference to the Seaside. I
thought it was some reference to the famous book/game :)

I have this one to contribute to the Seaside list:
* https://github.com/eMaringolo/seaside-bootstrap-select

This one I use it in Seaside apps as well, but I need to decouple a lot
of customer specific components into general components to share publicly:
* https://github.com/eMaringolo/rbac

BTW, I always wanted to integrate it with TF-Login and
ApplicationSecurity (or merge features from them or merge into them),
because I believe that RBAC provides fine grained access control that is
role based, which proved to be very useful in corporate environments
where access control management requires a lot of work.

However I don't think that having a common organization is better than
single user repositories if the organization members doesn't actively
maintain the projects. It's fixing a discoverability problem with a
suboptimal solution.

I think that in the lack of a good packaging lookup we could use instead
the Seaside wiki pages to include links to these pages.

Regards!

--
Esteban A. Maringolo