[Seaside] Problem loading Seaside on latest Pharo

Tim Mackinnon tim at testit.works
Thu Jun 14 06:43:15 UTC 2018

Hi Blake - the good news is you didn’t get an error, you must have pressed cmd-g (or the green run button) which results in the playground letting you explore the result of execution.

You are seeing the result of a successful gofer load.

If you had instead run: 5 / 3 you would have seen a Fraction result with a numerator and denominator. You can then click on them and explore them too. (The pane will slide across). This is one of the lovely bits of Pharo Smalltalk.

You may find it useful to read one of the tutorials on Pharo.org .

If you also left click on the background - as in click on the Pharo image , you get a pop up menu and you should see a Seaside menu item in there that will show the status of Seaside. I think it automatically runs on 8080 so you may be able to try localhost:8080 in a web browser.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone