[Seaside] Are Announcements robust in seaside app?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Tue Mar 27 22:47:47 UTC 2018

To flesh out my reasoning...

No. They are local to the Announcer that you use. We use our WASession subclass. But Seaside does nothing to make Announcements local to anything. Whoever subscribes to the Announcer gets Announcements. So to some extent you can make them local to a Session by using the Session as the Announcer, but still you could forcibly register subscribers that are outside of the Session. It is your responsibility.

I found an old application, and I had in fact done what you did.

I was worried that a user in HongKong would get the event from a user in Oklahoma.
This cannot happen because the Announcement is (lazy) initialized in the user's session.
The user in Oklahoma has a handle to their instance of AXAnouncer and the user in Honk Kong has a handle to theirs.

thx