[Seaside] Swiki API or Scrapers

Pierce Ng pierce at samadhiweb.com
Sat Oct 27 01:34:38 UTC 2018

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 03:15:17AM -0400, gettimothy wrote:
> Good Morning. Is anybody aware of a Swiki API or Scraper for grabbing
> and organizing the Swiki content? Motive:  I am in the very early
> alpha stages  for
> SeasideDoc http://menmachinesmaterials.com/SeasideDoc   Currently, I
> am coding so that the native Squeak Help classes render as html5 via
> Seaside. On the radar is grabbing the content
> from http://wiki.squeak.org/ , organize it "somehow" and displaying it

I recall there is an export of the Squeak wiki content, each page
being saved as an XML file.

Ah found the convo:

  http://forum.world.st/editing-the-Squeak-wiki-XML-file-library-td4786516.html

One possibility might be to ask the current maintainers of the wiki to
do another export. Or, set up a mirror of that wiki, and you'll have all
the content in your mirror instance.

Pierce