[Seaside] isolate

jvalteren at objectguild.com jvalteren at objectguild.com
Fri Nov 15 13:29:07 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I found this post from 22/06/2015 using forum.world.st, and I'm having the
same problem. I (think I) need the #isolate: method's behavior to prevent
backtracking a WATask that has a transactional step in its flow.

All the documentation I could find mention the #isolate: method. After
searching for quite a bit, I haven't found a clear example of how to work
around this in a different way.

@Philippe: Unfortunately, I do not understand what you are saying here:

Philippe Marschall wrote
> A flag that's not backtracked. If you want to get fancy you can also
> store the last not expired continuation / state snapshot (again not
> backtracked) and redirect to this.

Can anyone help me with this? I have the feeling that a possible solution
might be found in overriding the #states method, but I don't understand
enough of how that should work. I'm missing clear examples and/or
documentation here.

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Jonathan