[Seaside] Error handlers

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Sat Aug 1 18:33:25 UTC 2020

In addition to ’saving the stack to the objectlog in Gemstone’, we also report the error to sentry.io <http://sentry.io/> using a port of https://github.com/peteruhnak/pharo-sentry <https://github.com/peteruhnak/pharo-sentry>
Although I must say Sentry does not cope too well with the Smalltalk stack trace, there might be some room for improvement.

But there is hardly anything Seaside-specific to it, as you just need to subclass WAExceptionHandler and override the necessary handle methods with whatever you want to export.

Also: serializing the stack (printing) is probably quite different in each Smalltalk dialect. At least I know we have vastly different code between Pharo and GemStone for that.

cheers
Johan