[Seaside] String does not understand New in Seaside

David Pennington david at lhdavid.co.uk
Sat Jan 23 12:35:04 UTC 2021

I have some recurring problens when running Seaside under Instantiations VisualAge Smalltalk (VAST). Here is the first one.

I get a walkback for “MessageNotUnderstood - String does not understand new’

This comes up occasionally (the web server is unattended so I don’t see the event myself).

Attached is an image of the talkback and a file containing the stack trace.

Can anyone advise me as to what is happening? I can’t see that anyone has made a http request but then I don’t fully understand what is going on.

David
Totally Objects