[Setools] Gjallar release "Eldrimner" 0.1

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Fri Aug 11 09:45:36 UTC 2006

Hi!

Hans N Beck <hnbeck at t-online.de> wrote:
> Hi Göran,
>
> now I have downloaded the stuff. And I know that the first plattform
> for now is Windows. The problem is, I have a Mac. The more problem
> is, its not an Intel Mac :-)
>
> So I'am possibly right that for development I must go to Windows
> (than I must use my notebook of the company, which would not be the
> best, but possible), because I think the things lying in the dlls are
> important..... ;-)

Well, we aim to be cross platform of course but today the things that do
not work unless on win32 are:

	- Graphviz for producing the graphs. Not sure what Gjallar does today
if you don't have it installed.
	  It exists for Mac: http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ so perhaps you
can "port" the simple interface? I think the Squeak Graphviz package has
Mac support.

	- wget, unzip and zip ought to be trivially available in Mac BUT...
they are only used with offline operation today so you don't need them.

	- ODBC is only used for integration with external systems, not needed.

	- Swish-e is probably available in fink (or something?). Only needed
for the freetext search.

Anyway, that is it so it should be rather simple to "port" these bits to
work on Mac too. Interested in taking a shot? In that case I can give
you some more pointers.

regards, Göran