[Setools] gjallar error after update to 182

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Sep 19 12:46:25 UTC 2006

Hi!

=?ISO-8859-15?B?SGVyYmVydCBL9m5pZw==?= <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello Göran,
>
> wanted to give gjallar the next try. First thing I looked for changes
> in the swiki and upgraded Q2v0.3-gk.182.mcz
>
> I got an error when logging in.
>
> So I copied the changes and image from gjallar0.2.zip, loaded 181 from
> the cache but got the same problem. So I must have messed up something
> in the database.

Mmmm, not sure. Gjallar is slightly messed up right now - at least 180+.
I am digging through it now.
Sorry that you decided to give it another go at this point. :)

Is this the error in the attached zip file? Because that error looks
exactly like the stuff I managed to mess up recently and am now
repairing again. It has to do with #addObjectById: etc.

> Back to 182 but it is valid for 181 too:
>
> If starting via Q2Model>>recreateDatabase I can log in, open a case
> via view cases.
>
> There on case 11 I pressed "move in workflow" and immediately
> afterwards (well had to scroll up first) went to the workflow tab.
> This got me the next error. It worked in the second attempt.
>
> Opening several other cases and trying in vain to reproduce this error
> I went back to case 11 moving it again and went to the workflow tab.
> This time the history was updated, the case was moved but the workflow
> graph was not updated.
>
> This now is a general behaviour (graph not updated) so all cases
> graphs stay in the input stage except case 11 which stays in analysis.

Make sure you use the latest Seaside from gjallar.krampe.se
(Seaside2.6b1-gk.79).
The method #mimeDocument should look like:

	useCache ifTrue: [
			^mimeDocument ifNil: [mimeDocument _ document  asMIMEDocumentType:
mimeType ]]
		ifFalse: [
			^mimeDocument _ document  asMIMEDocumentType: mimeType ]

> Logout and login doesn't help, leaving squeak and restarting
> everything does.

Right.

> What kind of reports do you want?
>
> The list has a limit of 40K which overflows already if i include the
> files to the fullStack.html. How to go about this?

Mmmm. :) The obvious thing would of course be to have a working Gjallar
installation publicly - eating our own dog food.
But Gjallar is still not quite there yet I think. Almost, but I don't
want to trust it that much just yet.

One STTCPW is to use the Swiki for now. I just emailed you the password
for the Swiki in private (anyone wanting to join the effort that I deem
to be sincere :) gets it) and added a "bug report" section there. It
should handle uploads fine.

> I don't want to pester you but I got the opposite of the midas touch
> which makes me useful in software testing. Not always popular
> though :-))

Pester on. :)

> I plan to use gjallar to organize my own work as a project leader, so
> I can easily write reports on what I encounter.

Cool. Sounds great! We intend to use it internally at Toolkit also for
various things.

> Next I'll try to create processes. Should I first create a process and
> then copy it to prototypes? I seem to remember I failed when trying to
> create a process prototype.

Best is probably to clone "Simple prototype" and then modify it. I just
added some example scripts for the console at:

	http://swiki.krampe.se/gjallar/33

I haven't had time to actually test them all - and I have plenty more of
these to share, with lots more features used.

> BTW, having links only on the rightmost column of "view cases" adds
> mouse-miles (TM) to the UI. It looks less confusing but after some
> usage I prefer the old state. Alternatively only links in the leftmost
> column.

Mmm, or on both id and subject? Today it is simply hardcoded on the
subject field - but the fields are actually not hardcoded.
I can make it "soft" all the way, just pick the ones you want.

> Another thing: Directly after login there is no button below "jump to
> case" or Firefox can't scroll down far enough.

That is a CSS "awkwardness" I haven't cracked. The layout is built using
CSS to avoid frames - but it has the side effect that you can't scroll
down to see "the rest" of the left side panel - it if ends up too long.
I gladly receive any hints on how to do a CSS only layout like this one
without that error. :)

> Cheers,
>
> Herbert                          mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net

regards, Göran