[Setools] Re: [gjallar] no more view cases.

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Fri Sep 29 08:34:40 UTC 2006

Hi Herbert!

=?ISO-8859-15?B?SGVyYmVydCBL9m5pZw==?= <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello Göran,
>
> I went into trying Gjallar again but many things (even view cases)
> don't work. I installed every mcz up to 189.

Mmm, let me try to get it ointo shape again. I thought 189 was ok, but I
probably need to do a clean test.

> Test Scenario: recreate database, start server (does not work) clean
> image, start server, stop scheduler, then login.   This succeeded
> after going back to 188.

Ok.

> I add the stack trace for view cases.

Unsure about that one - it is a typical Seaside error - when you don't
manage the #children method properly.

> Positive to note: it seems to have become *much* faster.

Yes. :)

> What is the latest more or less stable version?

Mmmm, I was hoping for 189 to be ok but I obviously need to test this
much better. I will build a new image, run through tests etc.

> Do I have to start from the zip and install everything in sequenc or
> can I just *load* the relevant mcz? (I guess so)

Essentially you should be able to just load relevant mczs.

> As squeak.* seems down (website, lists), I send a private mail. Even
> your swiki seems down.

Yeah, squeak.org is down but will come up - it was a billing issue that
has been resolved. My own server went down because of some network
mishap at unixshell.com. Is up now (since I can read your email).

> No hurry, won't have time before tomorrow.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Herbert                          mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net

regards, Göran