[SoC] Fwd: Google Summer of Code

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Fri Mar 2 08:23:23 UTC 2007

Il giorno gio, 01/03/2007 alle 16.47 -0800, Andrew P. Black ha scritto:
> Well, the talk went on to other things.
>
> I was advised to sign up for the mailing list, which I can't find, so
> that we are not caught unawares.
>
> But the opening date for applications (5th March) is now published:  see
>
> 	http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=60302&topic=10727
>
> We should have something ready to go on that date.

Yes, that's the deadline.

> Note that we also have to READ our google mail!
>
> Many of our ideas are "internal": they benefit Squeak.  It would be
> good to have ideas that reach out to user communities and give wider
> benefit.  Such as Seaside — what can we do in Squeak to help web
> developers migrate to Seaside.  (I know — write documentation.)

Unfortunately, documentation projects can't apply for SoC :-/ .
As for the other proposal, there are some that can benefit the user
community: better IDEs, GTK+ toolkit bindings, Ralph's collaborative
environment.

Keith, since you're working with both Seaside and Magma, do you have any
ideas in that area that could be interesting for SoC?

	Giovanni