[SoC] Meta remark

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Mar 20 07:37:42 UTC 2007

Hi

I was thinking that the Soc subjects tries to really improve the
situation of Squeak and that we pay attention
to avoid projects that would be more research projects (I have plenty
of them in my head). I did not check all the projects so far.
Just the last email of matthew made me thought Mathew could your
project be on improving the Squeak debugger instead
of creating a new one? We spent quite some times with marcus and this
is not easy (may be we were stupid and took the problems
in the wrong way).
So this is important as a mentor that you are already advanced and
solid in the topic you propose and as far as I see in Peek
this is not clear. At least our experience with events for debugging
was that you have to be quite humble.

But having a debugger that is at least as good as the one of VW would
be good. I know that mathieu and damien
were working on some extensions.

For me if at the end of the summer our tools are better then I would
be more than happy.

Stef