[SoC] SOC: New IDEs

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 12:22:30 UTC 2007

Hi Juraj,

2007/3/21, Juraj Kubelka <Juraj.Kubelka at gmail.com>:
>    actually I do not know what is already implemented and what not.
> I am expecting I will investigate existing implementations during the
> coming weeks.  I am beginner in Squeak, but I want to change it.
>
>    I particularly propose to create new (or extend one of existing)

Please, please, don't create a new browser. We already have thousands
of browsers, each with an interesting feature which can't be found in
any other browser. Result: everybody uses only one browser and misses
thousands of features.

You have to extend the OmniBrowser framework and implement your
features in plugins. The framework should be made more pluggable and
your features should be implemented as plugins.

> System Browser with all of mentioned features.  So developers will
> get one easy to use System Browser with Traits support, refactoring
> and others.
>
>    Do you think I should change something in my proposals?

I think so. You should say that you will investigate and try to find
what is missing.

--
Damien Cassou