[SoC] SOC: New IDEs

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 13:39:38 UTC 2007

Hi Juraj,

2007/3/21, Juraj Kubelka <Juraj.Kubelka at gmail.com>:
> Exactly.  Actually I do not want to create a new browser, but extent
> one of existing.  OmniBrowser should be best solution, but as
> beginner am not sure now.  Stephane Ducasse proposes start with
> Refactoring Engine in his mentor's idea.  So I do not want to
> explicitly say which one I will extend (by plugins).

Refactoring Engine is an engine not a browser. It provides features
for refactoring. So, if you want to implement new refacotrings,
implement them in this package. For browser related features, see
OmniBrowser.

> But the result should be a browser with all of wanted functions.
>
> If I understand you now, I should write something like:
>   - current situation is: a lot of browser, user usually use one
> browser, he misses thousands of features
>   - I want to investigate and implement features in one browser
> (perhaps in OmniBrowser). And there are my current proposals of
> features...

What do you want to investigate? You should explicitly explain this.
And you should say that you will discover new features to implement
during the coding process.

>     + it is expected to use plugin system for implementation of new
> features
>
> What do you think?

It's better.

--