[SoC] Re: Google Summer of Code (Peek)

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Thu Mar 22 07:58:38 UTC 2007

Il giorno mer, 21/03/2007 alle 20.08 -0600, Jeffrey Edgington ha
scritto:
> I did not realize that Matthew Fullmer was a student applicant.  I
> thought he was
> another mentor.  My apologies.

Oh, no need to apologize.

> Is it usual to have more than one student work on the same project?

No, as per Google regulations only one student can work a single
project. There may be related projects, but we need to be able to
evaluate each students' work individually in order to decide whether
he's earned his money.
But if you like the idea, you should apply. It may happen that we
mentors decide that it's better for Matthew to work on some other
project.

> I am interested in hearing your suggestions,

Well, the Peek project is interesting, but it's quite ground-breaking;
it will take longer than 3 months for it to be complete.
While we wait for Peek, we could use improvements to the current
debugger. I'm CC'ing Stephane, who can give you more details on this.

Another idea is to work on Squeak's user interface. We definitively need
a reorganization of the menus (world menu and context menus, too). We
could also use a reorganization of the preferences.

	Ciao,

		Giovanni