Porting spoon's VM support

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Sun Aug 26 09:36:48 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've just finished getting Squeak running on the Neo1973 [1], an
OpenMoko [2] open-source GSM cellphone. So far, I have the stock VM able
to run stock images. In order to develop for the phone, I'd like to try
out a spoonish approach, so I thought I'd try to get spoon running.

I'm having trouble in two areas: cross-compiling an appropriate Flow
plugin (I need the latest primitive sources) and building an appropriate VM.

Could someone confirm for me that I will *not* be able to use a stock
Unix Squeak VM, say 3.9-8, with Spoon and an appropriate Flow plugin?
That is, are there mandatory changes to the core VM that need to be applied?

Thank you,
   Tony

[1] http://www.openmoko.com/products-index.html
[2] http://www.openmoko.org/