How do I create a minimal memory?

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Fri Jul 6 19:17:52 UTC 2007

Hi Trygve, Norbert, and all--

     Trygve writes:

> I see from recent mail that new users of SPOON are needed. I tried to
> become one at the end of May, but failed to get a working system. The
> msg quoted below from June 1 was the last I heard.

     I offer my apologies. I have been busy pursuing paid work (which I
still seek).

> It would be interesting to learn if I did a mistake or if you managed
> to reproduce my problem.

     Yes, I have been able to reproduce your problem, but have not yet
fixed it. It seems to be something platform-dependent. Again, I offer my
apologies.

> The recent mail from Norbert Hartl seems to indicate that it still is
> a research project just to get started.

     Well, the system is marked as alpha software. I'd hoped that would
be a sufficient cue, but I'm willing to say more by way of warning too.

> I still believe SPOON can be a very useful foundation for my work, but
> I do not have the capacity to become a SPOON co-developer. So I have
> better continue the alternative activities I started in June and
> return to SPOON later.

     I understand. Thanks very much for your help with it so far!

     Norbert writes:

> Same for me. I'm really interested in using spoon. But as long as I'm
> not capable of starting the most basic image and load a module and do
> something with it I can't solve the problems on my own.

     I'm working on it now. I also appreciate the feedback you've given,
too.

     thanks again!

-C

--